Wednesday, September 5, 2012

God speaking.

I am slowly but surely making my way through a study of the book of Psalms, and though it is a slow process, I am enjoying spending in time in depth on each chapter.  I find myself getting carried away and discovering so much along the way.  Being late for class simply because I lost track of time while studying my bible is quite humbling I must say.


To be disoriented is frustrating.  Being unfamiliar with where I am, who I am, where to go and what to do just leaves me questioning God more than I ever should.  There are so many times in my life lately that I have experienced this feeling.  When I am disoriented I feel trapped.  Extreme anxiety builds up in me and I tend to lose sight of my faith in God.  Not knowing where to go or where you are in life can be such a scary realization.  When it is dark and you can't see in front of you, you don't want to step any further for fear of what you may step onto or run into.  We are scared of where we will end up if we continue on our path in the dark and not being able to see what lies ahead.  Being disoriented could mean a couple things.  You may be lost in this sinful world or you may be lost in the word of God with no direction.  So if I am lost in the word of God with no direction and fear of where my life is going, why should I be fearful?  Why should I be scared if God is with me?  It may be pitch dark on my end and I may not be able to see the end of this tunnel but I know God is with me.  There is a light at the end of my tunnel and God will get me there in his timing.  He will slowly reveal understanding to me.

Psalm 8:3-4 has gotten me through life this past week.  It is a beautiful reminder that there truly is a purpose for my life and the trials I go through on a daily basis.  It's so humbling to understand and realize that our God has created these macro-skies, the moon and the stars and then look at ourselves and understand that God put just as much thought and effort into creating us.  Man kind is just as beautiful as every other aspect of Gods' creation, the world has just corrupted it.

So in times like this, seek His understanding.  Strive to know Him and live through Him.  It will completely change your outlook on life.


xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment