Wednesday, September 12, 2012

4 Simple Goals

One of my favorite bloggers, Elsie from A Beautiful Mess blog, posted the other day her top 4 goals for this upcoming season before the year 2013.  Inspired by her post, I decided to discipline myself and set some of my own goals to accomplish before the year is over.

Here are her rules--


1. Choose simple goals that will make your life richer and happier on a daily basis. Choose things you may not otherwise get done, but that are not difficult to accomplish.

2. Do not choose result oriented goals, choose activity oriented goals. for example.... instead of "lose 10 pounds", choose something like "eat fresh fruits and vegetables every day". Get what I'm saying? Positive actions instead of just the end result!

3. Choose goals that are personal that you believe will truly make your life richer just by doing them! They can be daily, weekly or one time experiences.

4. Choose a reward for each goal as it is accomplished! It can be a small or large reward- it's up to you.

5. Blog about your goals, each one as you achieve it and a big post when they are all finished before the new year!



And here are my goals!

1. Develop and stick to an exercise plan-  This one seems to be a bit difficult for me.  I have no trouble whatsoever developing an exercise plan for myself, but STICKING to it...yea that's a problem for me.  It's not that I don't want to work out, I just find every reason in the world not to.  I am trying to write it out every day on my calendar so that I pretty much have no excuse but to go to the gym.  My main excuse is usually that I am too busy or too tired, which leads me to my next goal...

2. Create more time management in my life-  I don't know if it's just that I overwhelm myself with too much to do, or if I simply just procrastinate beyond repair.  Whichever it is, I constantly find myself waiting until the last minute to get tasks done, or simply being unprepared because I wasn't able to accomplish it.  I am trying to cut out a lot of unnecessary items in my life like TV, Facebook, shopping, and just procrastination in order to create better time management.  By doing so I'll be able to get the things done that are more important to me and feel better about my use of time.

3.  Create a quite time to study my bible every day-  I've had this goal for a while.  I've almost had it down pact several times, but then I just end up putting it on the back burner and only seeking to a bible study every few days.  This is something very important to me in my life, and growing in the Lord and His word is something my heart so strongly desires.  Therefore it should be a priority, no excuses.

4.  Learn new perspectives and techniques with my camera-  This one I am REALLY excited about.  I am currently taking a few photography classes, so that is helpful in somewhat accomplishing this goal.  Also, I am in the process of purchasing a new camera so that'll be even more to learn in the aspect of photography.  As a young developing photographer it is important that I become well acquainted with my cameras and know how to use them and how they work.  Just over the past couple weeks I have already learned so many new manual aspects and techniques of my camera.  Now I just have to put them to use more frequently.



So these are my goals and I feel pretty good about them.  I guess writing a blog post about them motivated me a little more to pursue them.  I know some of mine go more hand in hand with time management, but time management is a BIG struggle in my life right now.  So I guess you could say these are sub goals off of a main goal in my life right now.  I'll keep you posted on how the process is going from time to time.


What are your goals before 2013?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment