Friday, October 19, 2012

It's been a while/BIG news.

So it's been too long since I've made a visit to my blog.  I know I don't have enough followers to exactly owe an apology, but hey I'll try my best to make up for it anyways.  School has been crazy and I have been beyond overwhelmed lately.  Luckily I get a short break this weekend to relax at HOME with family, friends and my loveeee.
Speaking of my loveeeeee, let's get on to the BIG news which by the way I am extremely late on sharing about (but that's what happens when you're a super busy/overwhelmed, procrastinating studio art major..eh).


Soooooo, WE'RE ENGAGED!!!! Yes, engaged! (and yes, I'm well aware that everyone in our lives already knows and has know for about four weeks now...sorry bout it).

On September 21, 2012, my best friend/love of my life purposed to me.  And I must say, it was the best, most exciting feeling in the world.  I keep wishing I could just go back to that night, that exact spot and keep reliving the moment over and over again.  It truly was as magical as everyone says it is!  So here's what happened...

On September 20, Hunter and I were planning on celebrating our 6 years together.  But just so no one tries to step in and argue that I will go ahead and explain...
Hunter I and started dating in our sophomore year in high school (if you would even call it dating at that point. You know how high school kids are).  We were young and "in love".  We didn't know what love was.  Things were good... and at times things were bad.  But a little after we had reached our 4 year mark, things just reached that point where we ended up going our separate ways.  Surely neither of us wanted it and it was in no way expected at the moment, but it just happened and we went from there.  For about a year and a half we somewhat "dated" other people.  Despite the hurt that was still there, we stayed in touch.  And thank God we did because I am almost positive we would not be where we are today if we had not tried staying in touch.  Anyways, back to the point I am making... Hunter and I decided to start dating again in February of this year (2012).  Therefore, to this date we have been dating for about 6 years (on and off).
So back to the story (ya know, the reason for this post)... For our celebration, Hunter took me out to dinner at Olive Garden and brought me flowers...Daisies! My favorite.  I figured it would be a simple relaxing weekend.  Oddly enough I had a feeling that Hunter was up to something (he's not always the best at keep secrets..sometimes, but not always). He was acting strange and kinda like he wanted me to be aware that he had something up his sleeve.  But I really did not think it would be what he had planned... The following night, David Gray was going to be in Asheville, NC playing and I have been dying to see him for so long now!  So Hunter treated us both and we made the trip up to see him.  Yea so I kinda planned our date night but who cares.  It was relaxing and something we could both enjoy (and obviously someone I have been wanting to see for forever now!).

So the concert was awesome.  Probably the best concert I have ever been to.  The music was even better in person and he didn't spend too much time talking and whatnot.  So David Gray was out on stage for his encore and Hunter and I decided to sneak out early before the lobby was bombarded with fans trying to squeeze out the door (granted a few others had the same idea as well).  On our way out Hunter wanted to get a picture of us before we left.  And I did as well considering I hadn't gotten a single picture of us all night; only ones of David Gray!  So I asked the lady sitting at one of those T-shirt booths out in the lobby if she could get a picture of us real quick.  I believe she only took one.  I took the camera and showed the picture to hunter and asked if he wanted another one just in case.  He said... "uhhh, yea let's get another one" with the BIGGEST grin on his face (I should have known then...).  I turned back to the lady and handed her the camera and said "I guess we'll get another one" and I as I turned back around to hunter to take this picture, there he was getting down on one knee with the box in his hand looking up at me smiling.  And that's all he had to do.

I couldn't tell you what all hunter said or if he even said much.  All I heard him say was "Will you marry me?".  Yes I was in shock. My body was frozen.  All I could say was "are you kidding right now!?!?" [which apparently hunter didn't interpret at first as "NO WAY, SHUT UP!"]  Then everything was silent.  To me at least.  My ears were ringing and I couldn't hear anything else at all.  I didn't hear any of the people around us saying, "OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH, OH MY GOSH" (hunter reenacted it for me).  For me, it was just me and him.


So of course, as you all already know.. I said YES!  I said YES, YES, YES!  And our story is as simple as that.  And I love it.

It was exactly how I hoped it would be...I wanted it to be the way he wanted to do it.  And not many people can say they have photos of their proposal.  He knew I would want pictures.  So I'm so glad it worked out this way so that I have lasting memories of the moment!
I am the happiest girl right now and I am still so giddy over it!  Each day it starts to hit me more and more, that I will get to spend forever with this wonderful fella.

By the way, my favorite part about these pictures it that Hunter has his REAL smile on in every single one of them (even though it's just from the side view); which just melts my heart.  I can never get him to really smile in posed pictures so I am thankful for moments like this when I know he is truly happy from that big ole grin on his face!

The next day we wanted to go hiking and just explore a little, so we took our pups and found a nice trail near a waterfall.  It was a short hike but it was long enough for us.  And the weather couldn't have been more perfect.
Everyone, meet my fiance, David Hunter Nix <3




xoxo
dori elizabeth


No comments:

Post a Comment