Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Running Behind

It's only Tuesday and I already have a long list of things to accomplish by Thursday that I am far behind on.  And who knows if I'll ever catch up.  There never seems to be a still moment anymore where I can just take a few deep breaths, and relax.  I'll be thankful to have those moments back; if they ever come.

I know this past weekend is over and I'm a little past due on that as well, but my weekend was pretty eventful, I'd say.

Saturday, we headed to Savannah and spent a couple hours at the SCAD Museum of Art. If you haven't ever been, you're missing out! This piece belongs to IVÁN NAVARRO. The illusion is actually only about six inches deep.  Neat, yea?


And of course we couldn't go a whole day in Savannah without discovering at least one thrift store.  And a fun, yet extremely expensive thrift store it was.  Here I also found every photographer's dream: a HUGE barrel full of old cameras.  Yes, I was in Heaven.



We spent the rest of the day in Savannah shopping, in which case I went on a much unnecessary shopping spree.  But also, I finally jumped on the bandwagon and became a proud owner of a pair of TOMS (yes, I am this far behind).  And yes, they are way comfortable.


Sunday, I spent the majority of the day cramming for a ceramics project.  Then I took a much needed break, snapped some photos of my cute roomie for a photo assignment, and then we got out our hammocks and stayed a while.  Not a long while though.  The mosquito biting was too intense for me.  But apart from the swarm of bugs, it was a delightful afternoon.




I'll be so glad to have another one of these weekends.  The only thing getting me through the right right now is motivation to make it to the David Gray concert on Friday.  I'm also looking forward to some hiking Saturday morning in North Carolina.  I'd say this is definitely going to be a weekend to look forward to.



xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment